If your house or office if full of unorganized electric cables, you will most likely find it less comfortable.
What if these cables are dragged by your feet?
Well, the solution is to use zip ties to put them in place and arrange them in a more presentable manner. Doing so can also reduce the risk of accidents.
But if you are having a hard time deciding which zip ties work best for managing cables and electrical wires as well as for project use and gardening, this wordy piece may be a great help for you!
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Zip Ties
What Makes the Perfect Zip Ties?
If you are confused right now, let me tell you more about what to consider while buying zip ties. Here are some of the factors that you should bear in mind:
Material and Tensile Strength
The material of your zip tie speaks for its tensile strength, which is a defining factor of how long it would last in an indoor or outdoor application. Tensile strength will determine how much weight your zip tie can hold.
So, when looking for zip ties, you should consider the thickness and width of the tie that can fit according to your needs. Buying ties without considering how much weight it can hold is just a waste of money. Don’t fall for it but rather go for strong ties.
This answers the question of where you can use the zip ties. Many zip ties in the market can be used for different applications and projects. Cable and nylon ties are commonly used in households as well as work for cable management and other repairs.
However, stainless zip ties are heavy-duty and usually used for automotive works. Going for multi-purpose zip ties will answer much of your needs. There are several brands in the market with multi-purpose zip ties like TR Industrial Multi-Purpose Cables, Flurhrt Cable Ties, and Strong Ties.
Quality is your value for money. High-quality zip ties can help you save money from buying additional or replacement when zip ties did not deliver according to its function and your expectations.
This is also related to the material the zip ties are made of. To ensure the best quality, read the reviews of the products before buying them. This guide is also for the purpose of helping you find some of the quality products so you have several options.
5 Best Zip Ties Review
Surely there are many zip ties in the market, but these are the best among them. See for yourself as we discuss the unique features of each product.
1. TR Industrial Multi-Purpose Cables
- Made with UV resistant industrial strength...
- 100 8 inch pieces
- 50 lbs tensile strength
- Working temperature: 40-85 degrees C or...
- Strong cable ties usable in many applications
If you are looking for multi-purpose zip ties, this multi-purpose cable tie is a good choice, especially for various industrial works.
As the name suggests, it is made for multiple purposes. You can use this for managing cable and securing travel bag or luggage zippers instead of using TSA locks. Not to mention, this is perfect for blocking spaces of your fencing to keep small pups from escape.
It is UV resistant and it can withstand temperatures from 40 to 85 degrees Celsius or 40 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. In terms of value for money, you can buy 8 inches ties in packs of 100.
These strong multi-purpose ties are ideal for several applications and won’t loosen up, making them the best zip ties for cable management. More so, it is handy, inexpensive, and made of pretty good quality. Plus, it is UV resistant, so you can use it even in an outdoor setting.
- Multi-purpose ties
- Can hold up to 50 pounds
- Made with 6/6 industrial nylon
- Colors are limited to black and semi-opaque white only
- Not too thick to hold things over 50lbs
2. Flurhrt Cable Zip Ties
- Really Heavy Duty: Strength tensile is...
- High Quality Material: We use strong and...
- Re-sealable Bag: There is one zipper on top...
- Details: 50 pcs white / 50 pcs black, L:...
- You Deserve a Guarantee: We offer a lifetime...
Do your projects require heavy-duty cable ties? These cable zip ties will do the trick for you, and here’s why.
It is not only the widest but also the thickest with measures of 0.063 inch and 1.6 mm, respectively. Since tensile strength is decided by the width and thickness of the product, these features matter.
Anyway, these are better compared to common 12 inches cable ties that you can find in the market with just 0.051inch by 1.3mm dimension. Imagine that it has the same length as others, but it is made to be stronger.
If you are thinking about quality, these ties are manufactured using strong and flexible materials that allow for various uses as it can withstand different conditions.
This means that outdoor weather and direct exposure to sunlight will not be an issue as it can bear temperatures from 5 degrees Fahrenheit to 14 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be used for over a month without any discoloration, abnormal stretching, or noticeable deterioration in the outdoor setting.
Plus, it comes with a re-sealable bag with a zipper on the top that makes storage more convenient.
- Wider, thicker, and same length compared to normal ties but stronger
- Made from high-quality materials making it weather resistant
- Comes with 50pcs per pack in white or black
- Easy use and storage with its re-sealable bag
- Will tend to break if super tightened
3. Strong Ties Cable Ties
- ☛A STAPLE FOR MANY PROJECTS: After dogs,...
- ☛TIES THAT YOU CAN RELY ON: Our cable ties...
- ☛YOU DESERVE A GUARANTEE: We offer a...
- ☛HERE ARE THE MOST POPULAR USES FOR ZIP...
- ☛MORE IDEAS: Use your twelve-inch cable...
If you are looking for heavy-duty, high-quality cable ties, this may be a good idea.
These 12 inches nylon zip ties are durable enough to withstand various conditions. It is UV-resistant so it can bear even the most vigorous circumstances. Perhaps, this is the answer to all your household needs. These sturdy black ties will prove that they can rise to any challenge.
Most often than not, usability is the key. These ties are considered to be a staple for many projects, whether for gardening, mending fences, or doing arts and crafts. You can even use these to hold a splint together if you get injured in a camp or secure your fire extinguisher.
Being 12 inches long and 0.30 inches wide, the ties are undoubtedly reliable. Its tensile strength is optimum, and it can hold 120 to 150 pounds without breaking. Just name it and this can be used either for indoor or outdoor repairs.
- Double heavy-duty zip ties that can hold up to 150 lbs
- Highest quality available in the market
- Offer the maximum thickness of 1.6mm and a width of 7.6mm
- Resistant to UV rays
- Can withstand temperatures up to 85 degrees Celcius
- Not appropriate to use for small cable management
4. Bolt Dropper Zip Ties
- MEDIUM DUTY CABLE TIES in black for home,...
- OUTDOOR AND INDOOR USE WIRE TIES are designed...
- DURABLE SINGLE-USE TIES are rated with a 40...
- COST-EFFECTIVE 1000-PACK of plastic ties for...
DIMENSIONS: Length: 8" |...
Experts have some specifications on what they need in an industrial cable tie. The good thing is that Bolt Dopper continues to produce these zip ties bearing those requirements in mind.
If durability is the name of the game, then this is its game as Bolt Dropper ties are made from 100 percent UV resistant nylon 66 – making it an excellent choice in harsh conditions. These zip ties are perfect for garden fences because even if you left them under the sun, they will not become brittle and decay.
The medium-sized cable ties will also do the trick for your PC cables, making them one of the best zip ties for pc cable management at home and work. These ties can help increase productivity with its pointed tail for easy locking. The rounded edges are also designed for easy handling.
With the diverse selection, you can choose the right zip tie for your application or even try one of their variety packs.
- Better value for money- 1000 pieces in one pack
- Perfect for PC cable management at home or work
- Comes with added pointed tail for easy locking
- Offers different sizes and types
- Other ties may not be useful
5. SunplusTrade Zip Ties
- 304 Stainless Steel Self Locking Zip Tie For...
- Can Support Temperature Up To 932 F. Don't...
- Max Supporting Weight is 90kg (198lb)
- Perfect Universal Application For Automotive...
- No Special Tools Required. Only Need A Set Of...
If you are looking for the quality zip ties for automotive application, there are no other choices but getting your hands on SunplusTrade stainless steel zip ties.
Although zip ties are not usually used for indoor cable management, these ties are multi-purpose and can be used in farms and for fences and automotive repairs. This is perfect for automotive applications, and you don’t have to worry about heat and corrosion.
It can bear up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit temperature, which means that it is a good idea for outdoor applications. They are strong enough to hold weights up to 90 kilograms or 198 pounds.
These are self-locking and usually the pack comes in 11.8 inches of 100. When you use this, it will only require you a diagonal plier for cutting and a pair of needle-nose pliers for tightening.
- Features strength
- Weather-resistant and no environmental issues
- Made of steel, thus cannot be tensioned like cable ties
- You will need pliers to tighten them
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Home Depot sell zip ties?
Of course, zip ties are a must in all depots, hardware stores, and the like. Before you head your way to a depot, you may visit their website to know more about their zip-tie products.
- Does Dollar Tree have zip ties?
Yes. They have plastic cable and nylon zip ties that can be perfect for your home, work, and project needs. Try to visit their website to see their zip-tie products.
- How much does a zip tie cost?
You can rarely see a store selling zip ties in single digits. They usually come in packs of 100, 500, or 1,000. Its cost depends on the material and the size, including its thickness and width.
- What is the longest zip tie made?
The longest zip tie ever made is the Serious Ties-Heavy Duty Cable Ties, which has a length of 60 inches and is 175 pounds of tensile strength.
- How long do zip ties last outside?
The life expectancy of zip ties or cable ties depends on the material they are made. Nylon 6/6 can last from 7 to 9 years. On the other hand, Nylon 12 can last from 12 to 15 years. Stainless steel cable tie like the Sunplus Trade offers the greatest weathering life expectancy of at least 30 years.
Now that you’ve read the reviews on the best zip ties in the market, it is time for you to decide which among the 5 zip ties you want to have. Hopefully, we have answered the questions of your mind, and you’ll get a better value for your money.